Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Some things I just don't understand

After a ton of searching for the right answers to life, with limited luck, and a slow internet connection, I have come to the conclusion that "It don't take no Ph.D. More often then not common sense prevails over a Ph.D... and it definitely prevails over a politically derived decision.

For instance, millions of dollars for the scholarly type, getting paid with our tax dollars, to come to the conclusion that kids will outgrow bed wetting. Anybody with a child could have told you that for far less cost.

We all know teens make stupid decisions. My teenage experience of breaking a nose jumping off a house into a four foot deep pool tells you that. Do we need to spend millions of dollars and 15 Ph.Ds to study their brains to confirm it. How about "Teens are Dangerous Drivers" Well duh! We already know they make bad decisions. Then they are put in new situations where they are inexperienced and now have to actually pay attention to other drivers, cars, laws, traffic lights and more. But lets go ahead and spend millions more to confirm this.

Hey, I have an idea. Lets get a Ph.D and government funding to do a study and figure out how much money is being wasted by studies that could be answered with common sense. Better yet, somebody tell me how these people talk money out of others to complete stupid studies. That sounds like an easy gig

I have often thought about continuing my education. I could be "Dr. Cox." Sort of has a nice ring to it. I think I have heard it before. But alas, I don't know what kind of Ph.D you even need to swindle money from the government or institutions to study questions that can be answered by common sense.

2 comments:

  1. "Lets get a Ph.D and government funding to do a study and figure out how much money is being wasted by studies that could be answered with common sense."

    It's been done! They came to the conclusion that it needed further study :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We probably need a study to see if the study would be worth it.

    ReplyDelete